At Howard Elliott we try our best to ship our orders in a timely, accurate manner. If for any reason you are not satisfied with our service, please contact us. Items ordered together are not necessarily shipped together and may be received separately. Product availability and pricing are subject to change without prior notice.Orders
How to place an order:
(We do not take orders over the phone)Required Information for All Orders
- Customer Number: Alphanumeric number including 4 letters and 4 numbers
- Purchase Order # if you do not provide one, we will use the current date
- e.g. 032217
- Ship to Address: Please note if it is a residential address. (NOTE: residential deliveries may incur higher shipping charges)
- If residential, please indicate whether or not a lift gate will be necessary.
- Required Date: the date when your shipment must leave our facility. We will make every effort to meet this date.
- Ship Method & Carrier: Please indicate whether you require expedited shipping. (Expedited shipping will incur additional charges). All shipments will be sent via FedEx/UPS Ground or Freight. If you would like a different carrier, you must provide your 3rd party information.
- Ship Complete: if you do not indicate that your order must ship complete, we will ship as ready.
All ordersrs under $500 will incur the following handling fees:
- $10 for shipments via small parcel Fed Ex/UPS.
- $30 for all LTL Shipments
You may check your order status:Cancellations:
- ALL cancellation requests need to be received 2 business days prior to the ship date
- Requests made the same day as the ship date will NOT be accepted.
- ALL cancellation requests MUST be submitted in writing via fax: 630-871-1258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations are confirmed ONLY when HEC replies to cancellation request and confirms the cancellation.
If cancellation request is made after the shipment of your order, return of the order will be subjected to a 25% restocking fee and shipping charges/fees incurred.
An acknowledgement will be faxed or e-mailed upon order entry. Please review and contact us immediately with any changes or errors.
We will ship all back orders when available, unless notified in writing.Lead Times
All items offered on the Howard Elliott site are subject to availability. Lead times given are estimates, and not guarantees. At any time a lead time for an order may be shorter or longer depending on product availability. At the event of an unusual delay, we will promptly notify you.
Items will be shipped as they are ready unless otherwise noted. Cut & Sewn Items on back orders typically ship within 1-2 weeks, while imported items could be as long as 90 days. Shipping:
HEC shops for the best shipping rates before we ship your order. Freight rates are determined by the weight and dimensions of each package. Residential shipments and those requiring special services will incur additional freight charges. All orders will be shipped as ready unless your order is marked SHIP COMPLETE.
- All shipments originate from our main warehouse in: Addison, IL 60101
- HEC Ships via the most cost effective common carrier.
- All shipments that require special services such as lift gate at the time of delivery will be subjected to extra fees at the time of invoice. These services must be indicated at the time of the order placement.
- WE DO NOT OFFER WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY
- LTL shipments will be invoiced at the rate of $170 or 10% of your invoice amount, whichever is higher.
PLEASE INSPECT ALL SHIPMENTS WHEN THEY ARRIVE FOR EXACT COUNT AND DAMAGES PRIOR TO SIGNING FOR YOUR PACKAGES. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DELAY OR DENIAL OF YOUR RETURN/CREDIT REQUEST.**If paying by credit card, your card will be charged when your order ships to be sure you are being charged the proper shipping costs.**
If you are outside the contiguous 48 states, we recommend using a freight forwarder.
All orders must have a valid street address, no po boxes or apos please. for drop shipments we require the resident’s phone number. LTL Shipments
Freight Cap Program for LTL (truck shipments).
- Items that can be shipped via Fed Ex Ground (as noted with the *** on the price list or as stated on the web site), will be charged based upon our usual charges which range from $10.00 per package to $50.00 on the high end
- So, orders less than $1350.00 would default to the $170.00 minimum charge and orders over $1350.00 that did not qualify for a Full Freight Allowance would be capped at 10% plus fuel surcharge (this amount fluctuates and most customers are aware of this expense which currently is flagged at approximately 27% of the freight invoice). This new freight cap is for freight only. Additional fees including but not limited to lift gate service, residential delivery, white glove service, etc. are the responsibility of the customer.
- The truck shipments will be capped at the greater of either $170.00 or 10% of the invoice amount plus fuel surcharge.
ALL RETURNS REQUIRE FACTORY AUTHORIZATION.
PLEASE INSPECT ALL SHIPMENTS WHEN THEY ARRIVE FOR EXACT COUNT AND DAMAGES PRIOR TO SIGNING FOR YOUR PACKAGES. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DELAY OR DENIAL OF YOUR RETURN/CREDIT REQUEST.
- You may request an RA# via email: email@example.com or fax 630-871-1258.
- Clearly mark this RA# on your return.
- All products being returned must be shipped in original packaging.
- We recommend that your return package is insured.
- Buyer’s remorse returns will incur a 25% re-stocking fee.
- Credits will not be issued for returns that arrive damaged at our facility.
• Order #
- Please report all damages and shortages within 10 business days of receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org or
via fax 630-871-1258.
- Our claim forms can be found under the terms section of www.howardelliott.com.
- Please note on the delivery receipt, in the presence of the driver, any visible damage to the product or packaging.
- If the damage is concealed or not noticed until after the driver has left, please provide the following information:
• Item #
• Description of damage
• Pictures of damage and packaging.
• Whether or not a replacement is requested. (A replacement will NOT be sent unless requested.)
- HEC is NOT responsible for filing claims for items damaged shipped via your 3rd party account.
- HEC is NOT responsible for any charges incurred by customer due to 3rd party services used by the customer for storage or delivery of product.
- All credits for returns and damaged will be issued in the form of IN HOUSE CREDIT after the merchandise has been inspected by HEC.
- Any requests for refund back to a credit card will incur a 3% processing fee.
- Check requests can take up to 6 weeks to process.
We accept the following forms of payment. Please note that new accounts default to credit card terms unless other terms have been requested.
- Credit cards - we accept MC, VISA, and DISCOVER
- Check and wire transfers- these are considered forms of PREPAYMENT and your order will not be filled until they are received.
- Returned checks will be charged a $35 fee.
- The parties submit to jurisdiction in the Circuit Court of DuPage County, Illinois as the sole venue to resolve any disputes arising from this agreement.
- Qualified customers may be eligible for terms. Please provide credit references in order to be considered.
- Send your credit references via email to email@example.com or via fax to 630-871-1258.
- For all payment inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm Central Time